How it plays:
· Viking cues have a soft to medium hit due to the plastic joint and collar. Various joints will change the playability.
· Greater cue ball control and shot accuracy due to the proprietary ferrule material and pro-tapered shafts.
· Improved structural integrity, straightness and playability are brought to you through proprietary methods of manufacturing.
· Pro players like Dawn Hopkins, Denny Coulter, and Larry Nevel play with Viking cues
· Viking is the oldest manufacturer of cues sticks that are made in the USA. They have been in business since 1965.
· With the exception of the tips, weight bolts and bumpers, Viking manufactures all of the materials used to make their cues
· All Viking cues are covered with a UV polyurethane coating, which helps protect the cue and keep the wood and inlays from fading
· Viking cues have a changeable weight system. You can change the weight by using a ¼" allen tool.
· 2 to 3 ounces is the maximum change
Tip: 13mm Lepro brand, hard
Ferrule: Proprietary material, capped and threaded onto the shaft
Shaft: 29" long, 12" to 14" pro taper, hard rock maple
Collar: Black proprietary plastic with silver ring
Joint: High impact plastic, flat faced with a brass insert (joint #5 in Viking catalog)
Pin: 5/16 18"- Quick release, stainless steel
Forearm: Brown stained birdseye maple, 6 white pearlite points with black veneer
Rings: Silver rings at each end of sleeve
Wrap: Irish linen, black with white colored specs
Sleeve: 6 white pearlite windows
Plate: Black plastic
Bumper: Threaded rubber,stamped with "Viking" logo